I arrived on the 22nd and was ushered into the chaos of the rush to get all the special orders done by Christmas Eve. I loved being in the midst of it all. I got to know the bakery workers because the bakery is actually in my friends' home. I helped out with my friends' kids and the one of the bakery worker's son. My friends and I exchanged gifts on the 23rd. What better gift can a bakery owner give you than baking pans! I can't wait to use them.
My friend showing off her new fuzzy socks. The kids diving into their gifts.
I also got to partake in gifts from my friend's mom who lives in the States...candy canes, fudge, and other special candies. Sophia and I made Snickerdoodles for carolers that we were expecting. We just had a lot of fun.
On Christmas Eve all the single lady employees spent the night. Of course we had to do mehendi.


After everyone went to sleep I got to help be Santa with my friends. We made 50+ stockings for all the employees and their children.


This is one of the bakery workers and her kids. The son, Imran (bottom picture), and I got to spend lots of time together.
Christmas Day was a blast. In the morning, all the Coffee Jar employees and their families came over. The children did a play of the Christmas Story.
Then the bakery workers did a special performance which was beautiful. Then a lunch was served which included chicken cooked out on the grill. In the midst of this, another friend of mine from that city came by and "kidnapped" me for Christmas lunch. I had a juicy steak! Afterward we did some shopping and returned to my friends' house. By this time all the Coffee Jar people were off to open the shop and the next party started. About 30-40 people came to a dessert and coffee time. It was neat to connect with people. We had pecan pie! By the end of the day we were all exhausted. The husband was off at the coffee shop, the kids were in bed, so my friend and I enjoyed a dinner of popcorn and eggnog.
The rest of the week was very low key. I was so spoiled. Fresh pastries almost every day and coffee as well. I think I actually gained weight for the first time since I moved here. We enjoyed great breakfast: french toast, omelettes, and the Indian version of huevos ranchero. I love my friend's dal and rice. We also had fajitas, some other great Indian dishes and a local specialty...chocolate bread. It was a foodie's paradise. The company was even better. It's nice to have friends in my life that connect and relate to both my worlds.
I also got to skype my family and see them open the gifts I sent them. It was great to see their faces light up. My grandparents were there. I got to talk to the entire family expect my uncle. I'm glad it worked out to be able to have that shared moment despite the physical distance between us.



