I haven't posted anything lately. It's probably due to life being a bit busy and it just keep getting busier. I took this weekend to catch up on my communication with the rest of the world. I decided I should post some blogs to fill in everyone on life here.
June started with time away. I took a personal retreat to relax and enjoy some 27/7 A/C. It was lovely. It also proved to be good for my back. I so need a good western style mattress. I indulged myself on the most recent Grey's Anatomy Season (5, I think). I watched all 24 hours straight through. It was great! Then I enjoyed sleeping a lot, eating some of my favorite foods, and reading some great books. It was just what I needed and was well over due.
After that 3-day retreat I headed off with my company for a weekend of getting to know each other. It was great to do this because not all of us are in the same place and I met several people I had only heard of at this point. We also got to share resources and collaborate on ideas.
After returning, I had to focus on the ABC book I've been working on. It had to be done and formatted into the computer in order for it to be edited and proofed for print by July. I was expecting my first visitor and knew I had to get it done before she arrived. In addition to the book I planned my lessons through Christmas for my English classes. I felt pretty accomplished.
I also fit in a week of language camp. I have officially transitioned from the survival level to the functional level. I'm not quite functioning just yet. This means I start looking at grammar and how all the things I've learned so far fit together and work in hopes of creating my own sentences and not just memorizing phrases.
Then my friend came to visit and we went a friend's wedding. That will be my next blog entry. Now I am recovering from the visit and wedding. I have to go to work and start on a very interesting project...yet another blog entry to come.
I have crashed beautifully into my 6th month. As I listen to my play list entitled "Home" I must agree with the song playing..."Life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride."