I went to the doctor today. I was expecting it to be a bit more adventuresome. Alas, it was pretty routine. I was able to find my way there pretty easily (getting back home was a bit more difficult and strange...that's another story). I have Dyshidrotic Dermatitis.
The doctor gave me 2 creams. One cream I have to put on the effected areas after I shower in the morning. The other cream I apply in the afternoon and then again in the evening. The doctor also gave me allergy tablets to take once a day with dinner. I have to use a special soap. I'm suppose to avoid all other soaps and detergents. I have to wear gloves when I do the wash and if I wash dishes. Now I just have to find some.
The doctor confirmed that it's genetic---thanks mom! It's also chronic. It will come back and I need to observe when it comes back in order to avoid the triggers (at least the ones I can control).
The story about coming home...
The rickshaw driver agrees to take me for a somewhat reasonable price. Then he just pulls over about a third of the way there. He waits for another driver to come along. Apparently he didn't know where he was going. He has me get out and the other guy takes me home. He wants a ridiculous amount which isn't decided until we're almost to my flat. As we turn into my neighborhood we get run off the rode into a pile of dirt and almost get stuck. It messes up his auto (poor guy) and we can't go but at a snails pace from there (I could have walked faster). I bear with him and pay him his ridiculous rate b/c he's going to need it to fix his auto.