I've been keeping track of the different animals I've encountered. I started doing this to entertain a young friend (3 years old) who is enduring 28 days of chemotherapy right now. I thought you might want to hear about theses interesting creatures as well.
Dogs, dogs, and more dogs. They are everywhere. You can't escape them. Because of them I've learned the word "Jao!" It is the command form of the word go. These are street dogs that are not vaccinated. The dogs carry lots of disease. Because of the cultural beliefs they cannot be put down. At most NGOs come and pick up the local dogs and then fix them and vaccinate them and then release them back in the neighborhood. That's the best we can hope for.
There are cats (billies) here also. They love to get into your garbage. You must make sure you have a cat/rat proof lid. Yes, there are wonderful rats running around as well. That's a good reason to keep the cats around.
Bundar! Monkeys are also hanging out in your local neighborhoods as well. I've only spotted them a few times. You must be careful with putting things outside (like your laundry) or the monkeys will take it. Their our local thieves that you must watch out for.
When I went on a trip last week I saw camels walking the streets. Typically you seen them in the bordering state of mine. While I was gone my roommate saw an elephant (hoti) wondering the streets. These are common especially at weddings and can also be rented for birthday parties.
Other than that I have seen much of anything else other than bugs. I hope not to see the local snakes. I stay clear of anyone who looks like a snake charmer and has a basket=) I will keep you posted on any other intersting things I happen to see.