I’m writing this on the plane. To be honest I’ve never worked on my computer on a plane before. This seems a bit odd to me. This morning was so surreal. In some ways it seemed normal. I’ve made this trip before. Then there’s the reality that this isn’t just a trip.
Friday, I had a great time with my family celebrating my younger sister’s birthday. Saturday morning I was able to enjoy my goddaughter’s 4th birthday party. It was hard to leave. My sisters picked me up and we went out to have one last sister night. We enjoyed dinner and a very curious movie. The main character even went to India to find himself. Then there was a poignant quote, “You can never truly miss someone until their gone.” I’m certain I am going to find that to be true.
Sunday I had some special time with my parents. Then my brother-in-law’s mom and sister came by to say goodbye. My grandma and uncle joined us for some excellent homemade chicken and dumplings. What can I say, my mom makes the best. My older sister, her girls and I ended up dragging enough mattresses into one room so we could have a slumber party.
This morning we did our usual Saturday morning breakfast but on Monday. Then I went to get my haircut. Then it felt like the clock stopped. Time started to drag. The anticipation was building. Noon hit and everyone teared up and we loaded the car and headed for the airport.
Everything went smoothly except they made me check my carry-on. I’m a bit hacked about it. They claimed that they needed to limit passengers to one item only and that my carry on was too heavy. I couldn’t convince them otherwise. I only got to bring my computer on the plane. I really hope nothing happens to that bag. I had to pay to check it. I couldn’t leave it and it wouldn’t fit in my other luggage or computer bag. It really sucked.
There’s about six more hours left on this flight. I’ll have to finish this story later.