01 September 2010

Beck in the Big D

What can change in 3 months... A LOT!

First, I landed in the new terminal...wow! Really beats the old one. The traffic is same as usual...actually, not really...it's worse! It has to do with the weather (we are having a very wet & long monsoon) and construction for the upcoming Common Wealth Games in October. Also due to the games, there are new street lights and street signs. I have to chuckle at the signs because the proper names on the signs are not what the locals call the different roads for the most part. The venues for the games are almost finished...spectacular. ooh, ooh, they have fixed pricing for auto rickshaws now! The prices are higher (and fairer) but I don't have to fight with drivers anymore...Yippeee! WoooHooo! Turning cartwheels.

Things were immaculate in my flat. Only one problem, day 2 and something made something do something and power wasn't getting to my lights and fans...no bueno! It was fixed by day 4. All is nice and cool.

I've been going here and there to see friends and visit my favorite markets. Today I'm sitting in Choco la working on my online professional development courses. I enjoyed a nice croissant as an appetizer, then I had my favorite tomato basil tart for lunch. But to my horror, they no longer make their caramel tart=( That's worse than finding out the cafe by my language school no longer serves my favorite pasta, bummer.

I had a great first Hindi lesson. I was complimented on my pronunciation. I found out that this letter I thought I was not pronouncing correctly and was effecting my pronunciation of 2 words in particular actually had nothing to do with the letter but a missed placed vowel in each of the words! Those "ah" ke matras get you every time=)

I'm slowly getting back into routine and getting a schedule going. It's only Wednesday, here's to hoping the rest of the week is as good as the beginning.